Monday, May 4, 2020

A Book a Day: Emperor Pickletine Rides the Bus


Emperor Pickletine Rides the Bus by Tom Anglemeyer

We finally watched the final Star Wars movie this weekend, The Rise of Skywalker. Just so you know how ancient I am, I turned 16 the year the first (I mean IV-th) Star Wars movie came out. I like the new characters a lot--in a lot of ways Rey, Po and Finn are more interesting than Luke, Leia, and Han-- so it was fun to watch. Then I remembered that I still had to finish the Origami Yoda series.
Hoopla! to the rescue! And it's May the Fourth, too.

Dwight and the kids from Origami Yoda are on a field trip to Washington, DC. The principal decrees the field trip will be an "origami-free zone." When the drama begins, Dwight uses a fruit roll up to make Fruitigami Yoda. Will Fruitigami Yoda be a match for Harvey's sour "pickle of darkness"?

All six Origami Yoda books can be borrowed from Hoopla!


No comments:

Post a Comment