Thursday, April 9, 2020

A Book a Day: Stick Dog

Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream by Tom Watson

In one of my first blog posts I wrote about how I waited until last summer to read the Wings of Fire Books, well it took me a reeeeeeeally long time to get to reading the Stick Dog books. So today I finally picked up Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream. What a hoot! Stick Dog gets spotted by a human, oh no. It was a beautiful sunny day and I wanted ice cream bad.

"What was going on was some of the strangest behavior by a bunch of humans the dogs had ever seen. A group of humans had gathered around that strange screen window on the side of the truck. They were mostly small humans, but there were a couple of bigger ones too. The music had stopped. The driver had parked the truck and climbed into the back of it, and a few seconds later appeared in the screen window.

That's when the really odd things started. The humans stood in a line at the window and spoke one at a time to the driver. Then the driver came back, he held a pointed brown cylinder with circles on top of it."


No ice cream trucks are coming to my neighborhood for now, but the good news is a bunch of the Stick Dog and Stick Cat books are available to read or listen to on Hoopla--


No comments:

Post a Comment